"Because all people are very important people"
Crisis Intervention Strategies and Links
For any emergency, call 9-1-1
The Mental Health Crisis Line in Maricopa County is 800-631-1314
The "Warm Line" is 602-347-1100
DBT Distress Tolerance Skills
· DISTRACT WITH "WISE MIND ACCEPTS"
· These are the “One Bite of the Elephant” Strategies we teach in the Skills Training Classes
o Emotions that are Different
o Pushing Away
o Thoughts that Distract
o Sensations that are Intense
· SELF SOOTHE WITH THE FIVE SENSES
· These are the “Spoonful of Sugar” Strategies we teach in the Skills Training Classes
· WISE MIND IMPROVES THE MOMENT
· These are some of the other crisis strategies we teach in the Skills Training Classes
o One Thing in the Moment
· RADICAL ACCEPTANCE: "Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain!"
Note: VIPMHLC provides links to other websites in hopes that these links may be useful or helpful to the user.
We cannot attest to the accuracy of information or content that is not on our website.
If you discover inaccurate information provided through any of our links,
we appreciate any feedback so that we can remove the related links.
Feb 2014: This site is constantly being update; feel free to check in frequently and contact us anytime